PER320 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center at (844) 789-5673 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Personal Protective Measures for Biological Events provides students with an overview of personal protective equipment (PPE), and includes an experiential learning activity (ELA) practicing donning and doffing PPE Level C. Additionally, there is a review of the different types of decontamination and an ELA practicing technical decontamination.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
A Pre-Test and Post-Test are given to measure participants understanding of the material. Participants are required to score a 70% or better on the Post-Test and attend 80% of the course hours in order to receive a course certificate of completion.
Registration and Attendance
Attendance is crucial in order to receive credit for this course. All participants must complete a registration form at the beginning of the course, sign the attendance roster for each day of the course, attend 80% of the course hours, and complete the evaluation at the end of the course in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Participants must attend 80% or greater of scheduled class hours
- Identify general characteristics of viruses in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. (BIO-0007)
- Don and doff personal protective equipment level C ensemble in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (HO-0003)
- Perform technical decontamination, with decontamination equipment, in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. (DEC-0002)
- Emergency Medical Services
- Law Enforcement
- Public Health
- Public Works
- Hospital Personnel.
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) funded Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement this course is provided at no cost to your jurisdiction.
Course Delivery Dates
Course delivery dates are at the discretion of the requesting agents or jurisdiction and must be consecutive.
An interested jurisdiction/agency contacts their respective State Administrative Agency Training Point of Contact (SAA TPOC) to request a National Training and Education Division (NTED) instructor-led course. It is then at the SAA TPOC’s discretion to approve or not approve the training request. If the SAA TPOC agrees to the training request, he/she contacts the training partner directly with information about the specific course to schedule, the number of participants interested in attending the course, and a listing of preferred dates.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (844) 789-5673