SAP102 – 4.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Saturday, May 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Effective communication and interviewing skills are critical in today’s workplace regardless of discipline. This online course is designed to provide participants with the concepts and skills necessary to effectively communicate and conduct interviews. This interactive course provides an introduction to communication, including the verbal, nonverbal, and tactical communication processes, and demonstrates how to apply these skills to eliciting and recording information, as well as writing a final investigative report. The practices taught in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Communication Course #38719.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Basics of communication
- Nonverbal communication
- Verbal communication
- Tactical communication techniques
- Security professionals
- Facility safety and security officers
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Individuals involved in security operations
- Emergency Medical Services personnel
- Arson Investigators
- Fire and Rescue personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 4.00 hours – Texas Department of Public Safety – Private Security Bureau
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433