SAP104 – 4.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Saturday, August 01, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Effective report writing and documentation is one of the many important aspects of any first responder’s job. This online course is designed to provide participants with the concepts and skills necessary to plan, organize, and prepare proper documentation and reports. This interactive course covers the basics of the documentation and reporting process, including collecting and structuring information, analyzing information for reliability, validity, and relevance, and drafting, editing, and presenting a final report. While primarily designed for security professionals, many concepts addressed in this course apply to anyone interested in improving their report writing and documentation skills. The practices taught in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Report Writing Course #2049.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Gathering information
- Documenting information
- Vetting and analyzing information
- Organizing and writing reports
- Security professionals
- Facility safety and security officers
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Individuals involved in security operations
- Emergency Medical Services personnel
- Arson Investigators
- Fire and Rescue personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 4.00 hours – Texas Department of Public Safety – Private Security Bureau
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.