COLLEGE STATION, TX – The Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony on June 3, 2021, at the RELLIS Campus for the new indoor Monopole Cell Tower Prop donated by Warriors 4 Wireless, T-Mobile, US Tower, Teltech, and Wireless Horizon. The tower prop constructed inside a hangar will help train participants in TEEX’s Cell Tower Technician Course. TEEX partnered with Warriors 4 Wireless (W4W) to give veterans the opportunity for a new career in the cell tower industry.
TEEX and Warriors 4 Wireless (W4W) are committed to the training and job placement of military veterans into the cell tower industry. Over the past three years:
- 432 – Total students trained as Tower Technicians
- 395 – Graduates who want to pursue a climbing job
- 376 – Job Offers within 30 days for climbing grads
- 95.2% – Job offer success rate for climbing grads
Attendees at ribbon cutting included:
- Mike Taylor – T-Mobile, Vice-President, Critical Infrastructure, Procurement, Technology
- Lisa Hanlon – Teltech Group, Executive Chairman & CEO
- Rick Heisler – Wireless Horizon, President
- Travis Suelter – US Tower, Vice-President
- Kevin Kennedy – Warriors 4 Wireless, President & CEO
- Ron Peddy – TEEX-ITSI, Division Director
- Current participants in Cell Tower Training Course
The Cell Tower Training Course answers the need for qualified technicians with comprehensive, cutting-edge technical training. During the 120-hour course, participants receive traditional classroom training and the opportunity to participate in multiple field exercises and other hands-on training scenarios followed by scenario testing to determine comprehension.
The Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) is an internationally recognized leader in the delivery of emergency response, homeland security and workforce training, exercises, technical assistance, and economic development. A member of The Texas A&M University System, TEEX served more than 173,000 people from across the United States and 133 countries last year through hands-on training and technical services.
Warriors 4 Wireless (W4W) is a charitable organization existing solely to help veterans find decent paying careers in the growing 5G wireless workforce. We have made investments to lower veteran expenses while they trained to join this promising career field. We have connected over 2,400 veterans to wireless career opportunities.