The First Line Investigator (For First Responders) Certificate is designed to give graduates a recognized credential that translates into greater knowledge and skills as an investigator. After completing the required courses offered through the Texas Forensic Science Academy graduates will have a fundamental and well-rounded understanding of front line investigative skills.
- Investigative Tools and Equipment
- Scene Basics: Security, Searches, and Documentation
- Basic Fingerprint Processing
- Human Trafficking
- Fingerprint Processing for Patrol
- Foundations of Forensic Photography
- Photography for Patrol
- Foundations of Courtroom Testimony
- Courtroom Testimony Practical Applications
- Basic Criminal Investigation (Online)
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Evidence Packaging and Storage (forthcoming)
- Foundations of Firearms Evidence (forthcoming)
- Foundations of Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (forthcoming)
Once all courses have been completed, applicants should confirm they meet all certificate requirements using the Fist Line Investigator (For First Responders) Application (forthcoming) and return it to the TEEX Law Enforcement & Protective Services Excellence division. Eligibility of each candidate will be reviewed and email notification of decision will be sent.
Note: All courses must be taken within seven (7) years of the date of the application. Only one course from another provider will be accepted if the curriculum and hours match TEEX curriculum. TEEX will review your course equivalency request and make a determination on a case-by-case basis; additional information may be required from you.
Texas Forensic Science Academy is now selling t-shirts! Order yours at the following link: bit.ly/teexstore