Get Started – A Checklist for Veterans
Before applying for the program, Veteran participants should contact the TEEX Veteran Services Office at: [email protected] or at 1-979-393-0197 or 1-979-571-8375 for additional information.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (979) 393-0197 | Cell: (979) 571-8375
GI Bill Benefits® Comparison Tool
Providing key information about college affordability and value so beneficiaries can choose the best education program for their needs. Visit the GI Bill Benefits® Comparison website for additional information.
The documents listed below are required to be completed and provided to the TEEX Veteran Services office by the Veteran(s) that wants to enroll in a TEEX course using VA education benefits for VA approved courses. TEEX is required to maintain the information for three years from the end date of the class.
If this is the first time you are applying to use your educational benefits please complete the VA online form 22-1990 by clicking on the following link to apply for them https://www.vets.gov/education/ (Please take a screen shot of the confirmation number and email it into [email protected].
If you have previously used your education benefits, please complete the VA online Form 22-1995 (CHANGE OF PROGRAM/SCHOOL) (Please take a screen shot of the confirmation number and email it into [email protected].
**Processing the 22-1990 or the 22-1995 can take up to 30 days for the VA to process the education claim. **
- Receipt of Enrollment Polices will be provided to you by the TEEX VA office upon initial contact.
- Previous Education & Training form will be provided to you by the TEEX VA office upon initial contact.
- All college and vocational transcripts (can be unofficial).
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE). To request a COE, please call the Education Call Center at (888) 442-4551.
- All Military Transcripts / Joint Service Transcripts
If you need assistance with applying for benefits please call the GI Bill Benefits® hotline at (888) 442-4551.
If you would prefer one on one assistance with applying for the education benefits you can schedule an appointment to come in for face-to-face help by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-979-393-0197.
**All paperwork and proof of eligibility for benefits need to be submitted 30 days before the start date of the class/course. After 30 days, you will need to register for the next available class date. **
Veterans Benefit Resources
The Texas Veterans Portal provides veteran-specific state services such as a list of community organizations, easy access to forms such as the GI Bill Benefits® application or disabled veteran parking placards and FAQs. Texas Veterans Portal
Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits®
The Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits® is a benefit providing educational and training assistance to individuals who served on active duty on or after September 11, 2001. Helpful information concerning the GI Bill Benefits® can be found at:
- Comprehensive overview of the GI Bill Benefits® from military.com
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® Website about the benefits under the GI Bill Benefits® from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- The National Resource Directory provides information and guidance for wounded or injured veterans and their families.
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Military Veteran Peer Network
- Got Your 6
- TexVet is an excellent resource guide linking programs from state, federal and local organizations and is recommended for veterans, active duty military, dependents, and friends and families of service members.
- Texas Veterans Leadership Program, a comprehensive resource guide by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Bring Everyone In The Zone
Funding is available from several sources to support tuition, fees, and some related expenses. We encourage you to review all the information for the options available. Loan applications are completed with the lender and usually require a credit check.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (979) 209-0859
A student loan is money borrowed that you must pay back with interest. If you decide to take out a loan, make sure you understand the terms and conditions.
GI Bill Benefits® – ‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”