Delivered at no cost to fire personnel in Texas, Fire Extension programs bring the highest quality training directly to departments and agencies across Texas. This diverse training combines classroom knowledge with hands-on training that satisfies both certification and continuing education requirements. Standard-based training such as Pro Board and the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) is available, as well as National Fire Academy (NFA) and State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA) training courses.
Regional training managers are available to help assess and facilitate training and schools to meet individual department needs and can provide information about rural assistance program for volunteer fire departments and the grant assistance program for career fire departments.
The Extension Fire Program goal is to provide exceptional, standard-based training to State of Texas fire and emergency service personnel to protect of life and property in every region throughout Texas.
- Regionalized Training Managers to better serve you.
- Delivered at no cost to personnel in Texas. However, Area Schools may charge fees to cover the cost of meals and student manuals.
- Host department/agency provides facility, students, and in some cases, reproduction of the student manuals.
- Training for you, close to you.
- Courses meet or exceed the requirements of the NFPA, SFFMA, and / or TCFP.
- NFA field and direct delivery courses are also offered.
- Visit the FUNDING/GRANTS page for information on different assistance programs.
Request A Course
Use the Extension Course Request System to request a specific course be held at your location.
NOTE: Looking for Investigator, Inspector, Telecommunicator, or Instructor courses? They are now located under Specialized Fire Training
Subscribe to the Extension Newsletter
Area School Class Announcements
|Sep. 11-13, 2020||Mountain Home Area School||See flyer to register|
|Oct. 2-4 & 9-11, 2020||Guadalupe County Firefighters Assoc. Fall Area School||See flyer to register|
|Oct. 2-4, 2020||Kaufman County Rescue School||See flyer to register|
|Oct. 16-18, 2020||North Central Texas Area Fire Protection School, Mineral Wells||See flyer to register|
|Jan. 22-24, 2021||Atascosa County Vehicle Rescuer Level 1 Area School||See flyer to register|
- Industrial Emergencies For Municipal-Based Responders
- Texas IAAI Fire and Arson Investigators Seminar
- Texas Annual Fire Training Schools
- Courses offered at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management
Please contact your regional training manager.
- Complete TEEX registration form – updated 4/26/16
- Do not fill in class selections
- Print and bring to class
For NFA classes only
Must have a Student Identification (SID) number. Please bring your SID to class.
- Register at https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
- Save this number in a secure location
- Use SID in place of SSN on FEMA Form 119-25-1 and Form 119-25-2
Extension Course Evaluation
The Extension Program has eliminated paper evaluation forms. Please use this link to complete the after course evaluation.
- Courage to be Safe (CTBS) – updated 8/17/16
- Electric Vehicle Safety Training for Emergency Responders (EVSTER) updated 8/17/16
- National Traffic Incident Management-SHRP2 – updated 8/17/16