Delivered at no cost to fire personnel in Texas, Fire Extension programs bring the highest quality training directly to departments and agencies across Texas. This diverse training combines classroom knowledge with hands-on training that satisfies both certification and continuing education requirements. Standard-based training such as Pro Board and the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) is available, as well as National Fire Academy (NFA) and State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA) training courses.
Regional training managers are available to help assess and facilitate training and schools to meet individual department needs and can provide information about rural assistance program for volunteer fire departments and the grant assistance program for career fire departments.
The Extension Fire Program goal is to provide exceptional, standard-based training to State of Texas fire and emergency service personnel to protect of life and property in every region throughout Texas.
- Regionalized Training Managers to better serve you.
- Delivered at no cost to personnel in Texas. However, Area Schools may charge fees to cover the cost of meals and student manuals.
- Host department/agency provides facility, students, and in some cases, reproduction of the student manuals.
- Training for you, close to you.
- Courses meet or exceed the requirements of the NFPA, SFFMA, and / or TCFP.
- NFA field and direct delivery courses are also offered.
- Visit the FUNDING/GRANTS page for information on different assistance programs.
Request A Course
Use the Extension Course Request System to request a specific course be held at your location.
NOTE: Looking for Investigator, Inspector, Telecommunicator, or Instructor courses? They are now located under Specialized Fire Training
Area School Class Announcements
- Industrial Emergencies For Municipal-Based Responders
- Texas Annual Fire Training Schools
- Courses offered at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Please contact your regional training manager.
Set up your Student Portal account.
For NFA classes only
Must have a Student Identification (SID) number. Please bring your SID to class.
Register at https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid.
Extension Course Evaluation
The Extension Program has eliminated paper evaluation forms. Please use this link to complete the after course evaluation.