Capturing evidence and documenting the crime scene through skilled photography techniques is crucial to a proper criminal investigation. This course will address the basic concepts of photography and their application to professional crime scene documentation. Course instruction will be through lecture, case review, and practical exercises.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Forensic Photography Course #40053.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
- Must be licensed or certified peace officers with a current commission or non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigate/process crime scenes
- Digital SLR camera
- Electronic flash
- Camera instruction manual
- Cable release
- Extra batteries for camera and flash
- Laptop computer and photo card reader (for photo review)
TopicsCamera and film selection +Camera operation +Common photographic errors +Crime scene photography +Digital photographic processes +Evaluating light +Photographic equipment +Photography in law enforcement +Standards for digital evidence +Utilizing depth of field
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to crime scene investigation
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433