Collecting and storing evidence is a crucial aspect of an investigation. This online course will teach participants how to properly manage and store property and evidence for investigative purposes. Participants will also complete interactive scenarios by applying Texas law and proven practices developed by the Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians (TAPEIT). The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Basic Property Technician Course #40062.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the time of registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsChain of custody +Dispositions of abandoned/unclaimed and safe-keeping property +Dispositions of evidence +Packaging of evidence +Property room management
- Property and evidence technicians in law enforcement settings
- Personnel assigned to crime scene investigation, evidence collection, and storage
- Other criminal justice system personnel involved in chain-of-custody for evidence
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.
TAPEIT property technician certification information
The TEEX Basic Property Technician course is recognized by TAPEIT as meeting a portion of the requirements necessary to achieve the TAPEIT Property Technician Basic Certification. Visit the TAPEIT website to obtain additional information about the program.