Many municipalities maintain their own jails or detention centers. This course prepares participants to begin a new career with the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively within a municipal jail or detention facility environment. This course was designed with the expert help of the Texas Municipal Jail Association to meet the recommendations for municipal jailer training.
This online course consists of nine learning modules. Prior to accessing the course, the participants are provided with a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 70%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Municipal Jailer course #3510.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsAddressing injurious behavior +Courtroom testimony +Emergency situations +Human aspects +Inmate health care +Intake procedures +Introduction to detention facilities +Prisoner services +Report writing +Security protocols
- Candidates for Texas municipal jail staffing responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a detention facility
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.
Municipal Jail Association of Texas
Visit the MJAT website to learn more about the Municipal Jail Association of Texas.