This course is designed to introduce students to various methods of carrying and shooting handguns from concealed carry positions.
Being a law enforcement officer is a 24 hour a day, seven days a week career. Cops need to be armed and ready for deadly encounters on duty and off. The emphasis of this course is off duty/on duty plain clothes concealed carry of handguns and how to deploy those handguns safely and effectively from various concealed carry positions.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Concealed Carry for Law Enforcement Officers Course #3836.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Handgun with at least three magazines or two speedloaders
- 500 rounds of factory ammunition (no handloads)
- Sturdy belt capable of supporting a holster
- Concealable, strong side belt holster required for live fire exercises (i.e. paddle, inside waistband, or pancake style). Holster should not collapse upon draw and should remain open for one-handed re-holstering. Shoulder, ankle, and fanny pack holsters will be allowed for demonstration but not for live fire practice.
- Jacket, vest or other garment used to conceal the weapon
- Wrap-around eye protection, hearing protection and a hat or cap with a brim must be worn during all firing exercises and are the student's responsibility
TopicsReasons for carrying a concealed handgun+Methods of concealed handgun carry+Selecting holsters and clothing for effective concealed handgun carry+Safely drawing and deploying a handgun from concealment
- Currently Commissioned Peace Officers
Continuing Education & Professional Credits