This course is designed to introduce students to various methods of carrying and shooting handguns from concealed carry positions.
Being a law enforcement officer is a 24 hour a day, seven days a week career. Cops need to be armed and ready for deadly encounters on duty and off. The emphasis of this course is off duty/on duty plain clothes concealed carry of handguns and how to deploy those handguns safely and effectively from various concealed carry positions.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Handgun with at least three magazines or two speedloaders
- 500 rounds of factory ammunition (no handloads)
- Sturdy belt capable of supporting a holster
- Concealable, strong side belt holster required for live fire exercises (i.e. paddle, inside waistband, or pancake style). Holster should not collapse upon draw and should remain open for one-handed re-holstering. Shoulder, ankle, and fanny pack holsters will be allowed for demonstration but not for live fire practice.
- Jacket, vest or other garment used to conceal the weapon
- Wrap-around eye protection, hearing protection and a hat or cap with a brim must be worn during all firing exercises and are the student's responsibility
TopicsReasons for carrying a concealed handgun+Methods of concealed handgun carry+Selecting holsters and clothing for effective concealed handgun carry+Safely drawing and deploying a handgun from concealment
- Currently Commissioned Peace Officers
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433