The Introduction to Safety and Health Management (OSHA #7500) course covers the effective implementation of a company's safety and health management system. The course addresses the four core elements of an effective safety and health management system and those central issues that are critical to each element's proper management. This course is an interactive training session focusing on class discussion and workshops. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to evaluate, develop, and implement an effective safety and health management system for their company.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
TopicsHazard Prevention and Control +Management Leadership and Employee Involvement +Overview of a Safety and Health Management System +Program Evaluation +Safety and Health Training +Worksite Analysis
- Personnel responsible for the development of a safety and health program or system
- Personnel charged with improving safety and health in the workplace
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsPost 9/11 GI Bill Benefits For information contact (877) 833-9638
Continuing Education & Professional Credits