Effective communication and interviewing skills are critical in today's workplace regardless of discipline. This online course is designed to provide participants with the concepts and skills necessary to effectively communicate and conduct interviews. This interactive course provides an introduction to communication, including the verbal, nonverbal, and tactical communication processes, and demonstrates how to apply these skills to eliciting and recording information, as well as writing a final investigative report. The practices taught in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsBasics of communication+Nonverbal communication+Verbal communication+Tactical communication techniques+Interviewing
- Security professionals
- Facility safety and security officers
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Individuals involved in security operations
- Emergency Medical Services personnel
- Arson Investigators
- Fire and Rescue personnel
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.