Effective report writing and documentation is one of the many important aspects of any first responder's job. This online course is designed to provide participants with the concepts and skills necessary to plan, organize, and prepare proper documentation and reports. This interactive course covers the basics of the documentation and reporting process, including collecting and structuring information, analyzing information for reliability, validity, and relevance, and drafting, editing, and presenting a final report. While primarily designed for security professionals, many concepts addressed in this course apply to anyone interested in improving their report writing and documentation skills. The practices taught in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Report Writing Course #2049.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsGathering information+Documenting information+Vetting and analyzing information+Organizing and writing reports
- Security professionals
- Facility safety and security officers
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Individuals involved in security operations
- Emergency Medical Services personnel
- Arson Investigators
- Fire and Rescue personnel
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.