Motor vehicle crashes are one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. This course demonstrates proper driving techniques required to avoid most potential collisions. Participants are introduced to common driving hazards faced during day-to-day operation of a vehicle. This course exceeds traditional defensive driving courses because all students will experience up to six hours of actual hands-on training in this medium-stress driving school.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78023.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be capable of operating a motor vehicle under moderately stressful conditions.
- Bring a vehicle in good working condition; preferably a vehicle commonly used to drive to and from work or during work. The vehicle must be in sound mechanical condition with no leaking fluids.
- A current motor vehicle inspection sticker
- Vehicle tires must have at least a 2/32 tread depth
- No more than two students may share one vehicle during the class.
- Vehicle should not be larger than a ¾ ton pick-up.
TopicsKinetic energy / inertia +Methods of braking +Proficiency exercises +Proper driving attitude +Proper steering +Risk management concerns +Vehicle control +Vehicle dynamics +Vehicle inspection
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433