The Identification of Microorganisms course provides students with information specific to the proper collection of samples. Once collected, utilizing microscopes provided by TEEX, students are provided basic training on proper operation and led through classification exercises for microorganisms, algae, and protozoa. All scenarios are designed to help participants better determine higher-level organisms and how each affects the biological treatment process.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants should have general understanding of Surface Water Production I and Wastewater Treatment courses.
TopicsAlgae +Bacteria +Classification of microorganisms +Fungi +Identification of microorganisms +Microscopic animals +Preparing microscope slides +Protozoa +Rotifers +Microscopes
- Water or wastewater utility industry professionals
- Supervisors of water or wastewater utility industry professionals
- Managers of water or wastewater utility industry professionals
- Water utilities field operations superintendent
- Field coordinator
- Field utility specialists
- Laboratory personnel
Continuing Education & Professional Credits2 CEUs
TCEQ licensed water operators+TCEQ licensed wastewater operators