9P1231 – 28.00 Hours
TEEX-Brayton Fire Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, TX 77843
To Be Announced
08:00 AM Tuesday, October 27, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
You will learn the essential requirements necessary to perform all physical, visual, and technical search functions. Upon completion of the ILT component, participants will be able to successfully perform the position of Technical Search Specialist on a US&R team.
This course is 28 hours of face-to-face training. Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must
successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) Technical Search Specialist course (Course Code: 9P1230) that is approximately 16 hours. The CBT component of this course is hosted for free by TEEX.
This course requires the prior completion of TEEX Course 9P1230 Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of Technical Search Specialist.
Members of FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P1230) at www.esf9training.org which is a Learning Management System created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System designed for task forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expiration, and personnel ability to deploy.
Participants must bring their certificate of completion on the first day of class. Participants that have not completed the CBT portion will be removed from the class.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – Listening Search Equipment
- Module 2 – Visual Devices Search Equipment
- Module 3 – Navigating in a Disaster Scene using a Map, Compass, and GPS
- Module 4 – Field Exercise
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue (SUSAR) members
- US&R Task Force Members
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Members
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Industrial Firefighters (IND)
- Army and Air National Guard (ANG)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civilian Support Teams (WMD-CST)
- CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP) Teams
- Homeland Response Forces (HRF)
- County/State/Federal First Responders
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This ILT course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System.
TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998 and your department can be confident that training provided by TEEX will meet credentialing and validation requirements because TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.
Emergency Services Training Institute
Phone: (979) 458-5636 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-0715
- With the exception of the TEEX Fire Recruit Academy (face-to-face classes), TEEX will provide a full refund if the customer cancels 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class. The TEEX Fire Recruit Academy will retain their publicized cancellation fee regardless of when a student cancels.
- Cancellations received 14 calendar days or less before the start of the class will be charged a fee of 10% of the class tuition. Exceptions to the cancellation fee are allowed with division director approval.
- Once a transfer has been made, any cancellation of the course by the customer will be treated as less than 15 days
- If TEEX cancels a class, customers will be offered:
- A transfer to a scheduled class of the same course, OR
- A transfer to another class of a different course (customers will receive either a refund or pay the difference between the two classes, if applicable), OR
- A full refund.
Registered participants/students who do not contact the program representative of the course they registered for in advance to cancel their registration and do not attend their scheduled class will be charged the entire class fee.