9P2730 – 6.00 Hours
|FP 9P2730 58||$10.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This six-hour online Computer-Based Training (CBT) course is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge to identify various types of rigging equipment. Provide the understanding of basic crane physics to manage and/or lift debris and other heavy objects, calculate load weights, sling angles, and the center of gravity of objects, and be aware of the types and use of cutting torches during search and rescue operations in one of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA’s) Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Forces (TF). Upon completion of the CBT component, you will be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) component of the Heavy Equipment and Rigging Specialist course.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Heavy Equipment and Rigging Specialist (ILT) course, which is a 32 hours of face-to-face course taught over four days.
Heavy Equipment and Rigging Specialist – Instructor Led Training (ILT) course code is 9P2731
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – Duties of the Heavy Equipment and Rigging Specialist (HERS)
- Module 2 – Rigging
- Module 3 – Crane Basics
- Module 4 – Planning the Lift
- Module 5 – Other Types of Heavy Equipment
- Module 6 – Metal Burning
- Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- Public Works Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DOD Personnel
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel.