9P6130 – 8.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
William Paul Gunnels
12:01 AM Friday, January 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This eight-hour online Computer-Based Training (CBT) course is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of a Planning Team Manager and/or Technical Information Specialist on a US&R Task Force. Upon completion of this CBT, students will be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) component of the Planning Team Training course.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Planning Team Training – Instructor Led Training (course code 9P6131) course, which is 32 hours of face-to-face course taught over four days.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- NOTE: Apple computers are not able to run the “converter” software required to complete this Planning Team Training course. Students must take this particular CBT course using a Windows Based computer.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – Planning Team Overview
- Module 2 – The US&R Planning Process
- Module 3 – Planning Team Deployment Strategies
- Module 4 – Situation Reporting and Documentation
- Module 5 – GPS In the US&R Environment
- Module 6 – Search Operation Data Collection and Reporting
- Module 7 – Mission Closeout and Reporting
- Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DoD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.50 CEUs
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel.