ADI210 – 50.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|01/08/24 – 01/12/24||College Station, TX||LS ADI210 42||$850.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Having proper skills to conduct a sobriety test is essential to successful DWI/DUI traffic enforcement. This course prepares officers to instruct the Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) course to their peers. Participants will experience hands-on training exercises and simulated alcohol “wet lab” workshops. Successful graduates are able to teach the SFST course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for SFST Practitioner Course #1016.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent.
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Participants enrolling in this course must meet the following employment status:
- Currently commissioned as a peace officer with basic SFST experience
Prior to the start of the course, a member of the ILEPSE staff will contact the participant to verify employment in the field listed above.
Course Completion Requirements
- A proficiency exam will be given to all participants the first day of class.
- All participants are required to pass the proficiency exam to continue the course.
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Effective presentation skills
- How to conduct a SFST course
- How to conduct an alcohol workshop
- Teaching and learning theory
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 50.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Participants successfully completing this course will also need to meet TCOLE requirements set in rule 221.33 before instructing a SFST class.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]