ARE128 – 20.00 Hours
|Details||03/03/23 – 03/05/23||Teague, TX||FP ARE128 14||$387.00||Register|
|Details||05/05/23 – 05/07/23||San Angelo, TX||FP ARE128 16||$399.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This Vehicle Extrication course meets or exceeds the requirements for NFPA 1006 Standards for Technical Rescuer Professional Qualification, Vehicle Rescuer – Level 2. The course includes classroom lecture and hands on training of large heavy vehicles incidents. The course main focus is on lifting and stabilization of large vehicles.
Vehicle Rescuer Level 1: NFPA 1006. Participants are required to present a copy of certificate for prerequisite class to the instructor on the first day of class. Participants that do not show proof of prerequisite may not be allowed to remain in the class.
Course Completion Requirements
- PPE / SCBA must be NFPA-approved. See the Student Safety Manual to review PPE requirements for level 5. No wildland gear will be allowed.
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Hazard Recognition & Prioritization
- Heaving Rigging & Towing Equipment Hazards
- Safe Patient Removal Techniques
- Incident Command
Emergency Responders and Towing Operators
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)