ARF200 – 80.00 Hours
TEEX-Brayton Fire Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, TX 77843
08:00 AM Monday, May 03, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) as described in Chapter 5 of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1003, Standard for Airport Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2010 ed.), and the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Curriculum Manual, Chapter 2, Section 208. The course also covers the eleven subject matters required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 139.319 (j)(2) Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting: Operational Requirements.
This ARFF course is the Texas Commission on Fire Protection certification for duty at an airport in the State of Texas. This course is designed for Texas-commissioned firefighters. The state recommends 120 hours; TEEX uses a competency-based method to deliver the course in 80 hours.
The course is more detailed than the 40-hour course and involves tours of airport maintenance facility and ARFF fire station. The course consists of classroom, tabletop scenarios, hands-on tactics, and strategy training.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the written and skills test and meet all prerequisites will be eligible to test for the TCFP, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), and National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) certifications.
TCFP Basic Firefighter or Firefighter I and II per NFPA 1001 and Hazmat Awareness and Operations
Course Completion Requirements
Texas residents must provide documentation showing certification as a Structural Firefighter from TCFP.
Pro Board certification
You must provide documentation showing certification to the following standards prior to the completion of this course.
- Firefighter I and II
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Awareness and Operations.
IFSAC only certification
Can be obtained in accordance with TCFP requirements.
You will receive a copy of IFSTA Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting, 5th ed. on the first day of class.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Level 4 as described in the ESTI Student Safety Manual
- All students must follow the ESTI Student Safety Manual at all times.
- Proximity gear (PrPPE) to complete the TCFP skills.
- Regular station duty wear for fire field activities and office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
- Aircraft familiarization
- Aircraft rescue firefighter safety
- Aircraft fire rescue emergency communications
- Aircraft rescue and firefighter equipment appliances
- Suppression agents and application
- Evacuation from aircraft during emergencies
- Aircraft firefighting operations
- National Transportation Safety Board accident investigation and cause studies
- Airport fire prevention
- Aircraft forcible entry
- Aircraft ventilation
- Federal aviation regulations
- Aircraft search and rescue
This course is designed for individuals who provide fire services protection at airports. This may include:
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters
- Municipal Firefighters
- Volunteer Firefighters
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Pro Board
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Registration for this course must be done 30 days before class.
- Classes are subject to cancellation 14 days before class if student participation is low. The student will have the option to attend the next scheduled class.
- If registering with a purchase order, please use our registration form and fax it to (979) 458-0506.
Schedule ARFF Training at Your Facility
Contact Tim Sullivan.
Phone: (979) 862-7475 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-0506
We do not accept online registration for this course. Please use our registration form and fax it to (979) 458-0506.