AWR111 – 3.00 Hours
|FP AWR111 234||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Is it natural or weaponized? Exposure or contamination, what’s the difference? Why did everyone in the room become sick? Where does Emergency Medical Services (EMS) fit into the Incident Command System (ICS) tree?
Learn the answers to these questions and more by taking the web-based Basic Emergency Medical Services Concepts for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) course. AWR111-W can be completed by someone initially seeking information about this topic or by a health care provider wanting to enhance their knowledge concerning CBRNE events.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Internet access
- If the participant needs the course to be 508-compliant, it is recommended that they go through the course using the Firefox browser.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Signs and symptoms of exposure to CBRNE agents
- Treatment protocols for contact with these agents
- Information about Emergency Medical Services role in the Incident Command System
Disciplines include, but are not limited to:
- Fire Services
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hospital personnel, physicians, and nurses
- Public Health Services
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management Organizations
- City, county, and state medical
To begin registration for this course, go to http://www.teex.org/nerrtc and click on online training.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (866) 878-8900