AWR376 – 8.00 Hours
Live Online Instructor-Led Training
06:00 AM Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 541-7149 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course provides participants with specific information regarding targeted cyber attacks, including advanced persistent threats. This information will place them in a better position to plan and prepare for, respond to, and recover from targeted cyber attacks. This course will fill the gap in threat-specific training for cybersecurity as a community-driven course that focuses on the phases of targeted cyber attacks and the attacker methods used during each phase. Participants will also receive valuable information on cyber attack prevention, mitigation and response.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or receive approval from TEEX/DHS-FEMA prior to the start of the class. Please contact us at email@example.com or call (800) 541-7149 for more information on the approval process.
FEMA / SID Number
Students must have a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID) to attend class.
To obtain a SID, register online at cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
Course Completion Requirements
A Pre-Test and Post-Test are given to measure participants’ understanding of the material. Participants are required to score a 70% or better on the Post-Test.
Registration and Attendance
Attendance is crucial in order to receive credit for this course. All participants must complete TEEX online registration prior to the beginning of the course, sign the attendance roster for each day of the course, attend 80% of the course hours, and complete the evaluation at the end of the course in order to receive a certificate of completion.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- What is a Targeted Cyber Attack/Advanced Persistent Threat
- Phases of a Targeted Cyber Attack
- Developing the Attack Surface
- Types of Reconnaissance
- Inside the Target’s System
- Managing Targeted Cyber Attacks
- Information security and cybersecurity personnel and managers
- Emergency responders
- Risk management personnel
- Emergency Management
- Public Works
- Critical infrastructure representatives from both private and public sectors
- Other personnel responsible for identifying and responding to cyber incidents and those who are involved in developing organization strategies.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 CEUs
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 541-7149