AWR419 – 2.00 Hours
|EU AWR419 8||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course introduces the various natural and human-caused (accidental or intentional) hazards to which water and wastewater systems may be vulnerable and the potential effects of hazards. Planning for and managing incidents are discussed, as well as disaster mitigation, response, and recovery specific to drinking water and wastewater systems. Participants are guided through portions of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Response Protocol Toolbox (RPTB) to identify steps in the response and recovery processes. Scenarios are presented throughout for an all-hazards incident that affects a utility.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants must earn a minimum score of 70% on the final exam to receive their certificate.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final exam.
- Participants that do not pass the final exam will have to enroll in a future course offering.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, participants must have:
- Computer tower or laptop (the use of a mobile devise is not recommended)
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Current version of web browser:
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants must pass the quiz at the end of each module to move to the next module. Participants will have three (3) chances to pass each end-of-module quiz. If participants cannot pass the quiz or the end-of-course exam after three (3) attempts, the participant will be disenrolled from the course. These participants will need to enroll in a future course offering and meet the course requirements.
- Prevention and Protection
This course was developed for:
- water and wastewater utility personnel,
- department heads,
- field personnel,
- customer service,
- lab personnel,
- emergency managers,
- state/local regulatory personnel including tribal councils,
- city elected officials,
- senior managers,
- county elected officials,
- utility board members,
- criminal investigators, and
- public health personnel.
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) cooperative agreement training program, this course is available at no direct cost to state, county, and local government agencies.
At the completion of this course, you will be required to pass a comprehensive final exam in order to print a certificate of completion.
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811