CEF022 – 4.00 Hours
|FP CEF022 43||$7.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Establishing a fire and life safety program allows fire departments to develop a community outreach that expands beyond responding to emergencies. Traditionally, a fire department’s prevention activities were limited to gathering information from code inspections and fire investigations and presenting public fire education programs. As community hazards have increased and the services delegated to fire departments have changed, these activities have expanded to meet the community’s needs. This course offers 4 CE hours covering program development, delivery, as well as: fire and life safety codes, education, and presentations. This course offers an interactive practice session and a module quiz based off IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 7th edition. This course satisfies: NFPA 1001 5.5.1, 5.5.2, 5.5.3
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, you should have access to computer equipment meeting the following system requirements:
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Broadband or high speed internet
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browsers
- Latest version of Flash
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Students are expected to use the Essentials of Firefighting, 7th Edition Manual
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Fire and Life Safety Codes, Education, and Presentations
- Program Development and Delivery
Individuals seeking continuing education in the fire service.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)