DOT501 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||06/06/23 – 06/08/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 226||Register|
|Details||06/12/23 – 06/14/23||San Angelo, TX||IS DOT501 238||Register|
|Details||06/13/23 – 06/15/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 227||Register|
|Details||06/20/23 – 06/22/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 240||Register|
|Details||06/20/23 – 06/22/23||San Antonio, TX||IS DOT501 205||Register|
|Details||06/27/23 – 06/29/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 228||Register|
|Details||07/11/23 – 07/13/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 229||Register|
|Details||07/18/23 – 07/20/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 241||Register|
|Details||07/25/23 – 07/27/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 230||Register|
|Details||08/01/23 – 08/03/23||Pharr, TX||IS DOT501 243||Register|
|Details||08/08/23 – 08/10/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 231||Register|
|Details||08/15/23 – 08/17/23||Beatrice, NE||IS DOT501 237||Register|
|Details||08/15/23 – 08/17/23||San Antonio, TX||IS DOT501 206||Register|
|Details||08/22/23 – 08/24/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 232||Register|
|Details||08/29/23 – 08/31/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 233||Register|
|Details||09/05/23 – 09/07/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 234||Register|
|Details||09/19/23 – 09/21/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 235||Register|
|Details||09/26/23 – 09/28/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS DOT501 242||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) under the Department of Transportation requires that Hazmat Employers* train all Hazmat Employees** within 90 days of starting in the position and conduct recurrent training every three years thereafter. The Hazardous Materials Transportation Train the Trainer course, offered at no-cost, is designed for personnel who will be preparing and conducting this training. Course participants will learn applicable PHMSA requirements as well as principles of adult education and effective instructional design. In addition, participants will learn how to develop a systematic training program to ensure that hazmat employees are trained in the five areas required by 49 CFR 72 Subpart H: General awareness/familiarization, Function-specific, Safety, Security awareness, and In-Depth security.
* Hazmat Employer: a person who uses one or more employees regarding: transporting hazmat in commerce; causing hazmat to be transported or shipped in commerce; or designing, manufacturing, fabricating, inspecting, representing, marking, certifying, selling, offering, reconditioning, testing, repairing, or modifying packaging as qualified for use in the transportation of hazmat.
** Hazmat Employee: a person employed by a hazmat employer, or person who is self-employed, and who directly affects hazmat transportation safety including: an owner-operator of a motor vehicle that transports hazmat; a person who: loads, unloads, or handles hazmat; designs, manufactures, fabricates, inspects, tests, reconditions, repairs, modifies, marks, or otherwise represents packaging as qualified for use in the transportation of hazmat; prepares hazmat for transportation; is responsible for safety of transporting hazmat; or operates a vehicle used to transport hazmat.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- In order to fully participate in all classroom exercises and practice teaching assignments participants must have access to a laptop or personal computer with presentation software.
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- DOT Training Requirements for Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- Principals of Adult Learning
- Training, Design, and Delivery
- PHMSA’S Hazardous Materials Transportation Training Modules
- Employees Who Load and Unload Hazardous Materials
- Employees Who Prepare Bulks and Non-Bulk Packaging
- Employees Who Prepare and/or Sign Shipping Papers
- Employees Who Report Incidents
- Employees With Security Responsibilities
This course is designed for industry personnel to include, hazmat employers, EHS professionals, operation managers, safety managers, shipping and receiving managers, hazardous waste generators, environmental consultants, warehouse supervisors, and Hazmat transporters.
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
Email: [email protected]