EPP700 – 480.00 Hours
|Details||03/20/23 – 06/29/23||Bryan, TX||IS EPP700 19||$14000.00||Register|
|Details||06/12/23 – 09/21/23||Bryan, TX||IS EPP700 20||$14000.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Lineworker Academy at Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) is designed to provide to participants a comprehensive training experience using the best work methods, equipment, tools, and standards. The Academy offers classroom and hands-on field training with a real-world approach delivered through high-quality curriculum, experienced instructors, and specialized equipment and facilities. Upon completion of the Academy, participants will be qualified in equipment operation and pole climbing.
In addition, they will receive their Basic First Aid and CPR Certification, their OSHA 10-Hour ET&D Construction Card, and will be given the opportunity to enter the job market prepared with the knowledge, skills, and abilities prospective employers within the electric power industry require.
In addition, participants of this course will have the opportunity to pursue a Texas Commercial Driver License (CDL). To obtain this license, participants must apply through the Texas Department of Public Safety and meet the following requirements:
To enroll in the Lineworker Academy, participants must meet the
- Have completed high school or GED certification
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle drivers license
Applicants to the program must also meet the following
- Able to climb a wooden pole
- Lift 80 pounds of weight
- Work in an elevated bucket with a weight limit of 300 lbs
To apply for this course, applicants must provide the
- $75 non-refundable application processing fee
- Copy of a high school diploma or GED completion
- Completed . Important: This Registration Packet must be received by TEEX Customer Care Center no later than Two Weeks after you register (Must download and open in Adobe Reader to complete and sign agreement). This packet contains the following: (1) Participant Enrollment Agreement Form, (2) Supply Checklist (that includes your shirt size and belt), and (3) Proof of Meningitis Immunization (must be signed by a health practitioner).
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- Climbing boots
- Spiral notebook with perforated edges for easy tear out
- Pens, highlighters, and pencils
- Backpack or bag to carry supplies
- Scientific calculator
- Laptop computer
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
NOTE: Participants may bring their own personal climbing
equipment and hand tools, but it must be approved by TEEX staff. TEEX will
issue equipment to participants that do not have personal climbing equipment
and hand tools to be used during the course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to the Power Industry
- Wood Pole Climbing Techniques
- Electric Power Principles
- Personal Protective Grounding
- Bucket and Digger Truck Operations
- Equipment Transport and Flagging
- Overhead Line Construction
- Transformer Operations
- Overhead Equipment Installation
- Underground Electrical Distribution Systems and Installation
- Deenergizing Electrical Systems
- Deenergized Overhead System Maintenance
- Energized Overhead System Maintenance
- DOT CDL Course
- 10-Hour Outreach Training for the Construction ET&D Industry
- Electrical Worker Safe Work Practices
- Removal and Storage of Materials and Hardware
- Resume Writing
- Job Interviewing
- Medic First Aid
This program is for participants who intend to begin a career in the electric utility industry.
The Lineman Academy will issue each student a set of climbing equipment and hand tools. Four long-sleeved shirts will be issued to each student that they may keep once the Academy has concluded. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure all issued equipment is maintained in a safe manner by inspecting each piece prior to daily use, as well as performing periodic inspections and routine maintenance throughout the duration of the Academy. All issued equipment is to be returned to TEEX once the Academy has concluded prior to graduation. Although participants may bring their own climbing equipment and hand tools for use during the Academy, TEEX Lineman Academy Instructors are required to determine if the equipment is adequate and safe prior to use during field exercises. All personal climbing equipment and hand tools must be marked with the student’s name. The Academy is not responsible for any loss of personal climbing equipment, hand tools, or other personal classroom supplies.
GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
- VA Education Benefit eligible, contact [email protected] or call (877) 833-9638
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
Email: [email protected]
Lineworker Academy Tours
Interested in becoming a utilities lineworker or know someone who is interested? Sign up for a tour of the TEEX Utilities Training Facility by CLICKING HERE, filling out the short form, and clicking the submit button. Once we receive your form, we will contact you to set up your tour.