FIV156 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Collecting and storing evidence is a crucial aspect of an investigation. This online course will teach participants how to properly manage and store property and evidence for investigative purposes. Participants will also complete interactive scenarios by applying Texas law and proven practices developed by the Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians (TAPEIT). The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course, which meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Basic Property Technician Course #40062, is for Blinn College students participating in the Collegiate Technical Investigation Skills Program (CTISP) of TEEX’s Texas Forensic Science Academy.
- Participant must apply to and be admitted into CTISP of the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy
- Participant must apply to and be admitted into Blinn College
- Successfully pass a background check
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age before the CTISP end date
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 90 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser – Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. To receive course and TCOLE credit, participants must attend the class in its entirety.
- Chain of custody
- Dispositions of abandoned/unclaimed and safe-keeping property
- Dispositions of evidence
- Packaging of evidence
- Property room management
Collegiate students seeking technical training to prepare them for employment requiring investigative skills such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and forensic nurses.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 3.00 hours – ACE
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- CTISP tuition and fees are payable to Blinn College. For more information, contact the Blinn College Admissions Office at email@example.com