FSA112 – 40.00 Hours
Woodlands Emergency Training
16135 IH-45 South
Conroe, TX 77385
08:00 AM Monday, May 18, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Once an investigator has mastered basic forensic photography, there are advanced skills and techniques that can allow for greater effectiveness in documenting crime scenes and physical evidence. Participants will learn photographic techniques such as low light/nighttime, ultraviolet, infrared, and laser photography. Course instruction is through lecture, case review, and application exercises.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Forensic Photography II Course #40054.
- Licensed or certified peace officer with a current
commission employed by or attached to a law enforcement/investigative agency
- Civilian employed by a law enforcement/investigative agency
conducting investigative tasks or duties
- Nurse employed by a medical facility tasked with conducting
Please fax proof of course completion to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to class start date. Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Digital SLR camera
- Electronic flash
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Student May Bring
- Cable release
- Macro lens, diopters, or extension tubes
- Color contrast filters
- Photographic (forensic) barrier filters
- Blue #47 glass filter
- RM72 infrared glass filter
- Camera instruction manual
- Electronic flash instruction manual
- Extra batteries for camera and flash
- Laptop computer and photo card reader (for photo review)
- Equipment and basic exposure review
- Macro photography
- Nighttime photography
- Reciprocity failure
- Flash photography
- Painting with light
- Shooting reconstructions
- Bloodstain photography
- Ultraviolet and infrared photography
- Photographic perspective
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal
death investigators, patrol officers, corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 3.00 hours – ACE
- 20.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
- This course is presented in evening/nighttime hours. Review specific course delivery locations for class start / end time
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.