HAZ013 – 8.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|Details||10/16/23 – 10/16/23||College Station, TX||FP HAZ013 252||$280.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course meets the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 4, “Awareness” and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q)(6)(i) for Awareness-level personnel.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Analyze the incident
- Detect the presence of Hazardous Materials (HazMat)/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
- Survey a HazMat/WMD incident from a safe location
- Collect hazard information from the current edition of the Department of Transportation (DOT) Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG)
- Implement the response
- Initiate protective actions
- Initiate the notification process
Personnel who could encounter an emergency involving hazardous materials/weapons of mass destruction. Includes those who are expected to recognize the presence of the HazMat/WMD, protect themselves, call for trained personnel, and secure the area.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Pro Board
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted at Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
Phone: (979) 500-6842 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.