IND009 – 2.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This is a live instructor webinar course. This course is an abbreviated version of the certification course for Incident Safety Officer. It will be available at scheduled class times on the internet for a live presentation with class participation/questions and as a recorded class available anytime on the TEEX website.
The instructor will cover common issues associated with the responsibilities of the Incident Safety Officer at an emergency scene. The class is intended to give responders general knowledge as well as preparing them to take the 16-hour non-certification course.
If there are no scheduled live instructor led webinar dates available you may also take the recorded on line version IND998.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access and view the module in its entirety. For live presentations, you will be expected to participate in all activities during the class and remain in the class until its completion.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- internet connection (Broadband connection recommended)
- current web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your live webinar be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available
- current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash
- this course cannot be done on a mobile phone
- Roles of the Incident Safety Officer
- Risk Management
- Incident Scene Safety
- Fire Scenes
- EMS Scenes
- Haz Mat/Technical Rescue Operations
- Accident Investigation/Post Incident Analysis
This course has been developed to correspond to the information outlined in NFPA 1521 (Standard for Fire Department Safety Officer Professional Qualifications) while remaining broadly applicable to multiple audiences within the fire services.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- .2 IACET CEUs
Phone: (979) 458-3642
- You may easily register and pay for classes with a credit card, pinless debit, or eCheck.
- Payment is due prior to this live webinar and is nonrefundable after the live webinar has begun.