IND029 – 16.00 Hours
|Details||04/15/23 – 04/16/23||College Station, TX||FP IND029 39||$1050.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Phase II (16-hour) is designed to teach strategic and tactical requirements to properly handle, either defensively or offensively, an industrial emergency incident with the resources that your agency has available. The classroom portion of this class is targeted to give a specific tactical approach at handling industrial emergency incidents. The practical hands-on exercises introduce and reinforce the tactical methods required to mitigate an industrial emergency incident. This course provides a unique opportunity for municipal emergency response personnel to apply specific strategies and tactics for the assessment, management and control of industrial emergency incidents through simulated and live fire activities.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students complete the Phase I course prior to attending this Phase II course.
- Proper cooling using master streams
- Pressure and non-pressure tanks
- Fully involved tank fires
- Proper capture and control methods
- Exposure Protection
- Foam calculation and application in regards to:
- Liquid Spill fires
- Fixed/Bulk Storage
This course is appropriate for all Municipal responders to gain valuable knowledge in Industrial type facilities, processes, and emergencies. TEEX suggests students complete the Phase I course prior to attending this Phase II class.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system.
We have streamlined the process for payment via Texas A&M Forest Service funding (H.B. 2604 or TIFMAS Grant Assistance Program). Before you register for a course, you must attain approval from the Texas A&M Forest Service for training tuition. On your approval letter, there will be a voucher approval number. Each student approved for tuition grant assistance will need this number.
Register for your course through your TEEX student portal. On the payment section, choose “Purchase Order” and enter the “VFDE” number (for example “E123456”). If your department was approved for multiple students, each student up to the maximum approved in the training tuition request may use the same VFDE number. If the total amount due is greater than the total amount allowed by the tuition voucher, the individual/department will be responsible for the difference. You are no longer required to email or fax the approval letter to TEEX/ESTI unless it is specifically requested by TEEX staff.
The PO contact email needs to be either yourself or a responsible person within your organization.
A new data field has been added to the payment process. The Tax ID (Tax Payer ID, EIN or FEIN) will be the number assigned to your organization. The field is required and needs to be in the following format: xx-xxxxxxx.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Annual Fire Training School Contact Information
If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900 or email email@example.com.
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Students are required to follow the guidelines in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.