LET217 – 18.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Thursday, April 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to orient officers to current laws and court proceedings regarding probable cause, search warrants, and arrests. Participants learn about the proper procedures and use of probable cause, how to prepare and use search warrants, and how to detain and arrest individuals. Criminal court processes, civil liability, and juvenile justice procedures are also covered in the course material.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Intermediate Arrest, Search, and Seizure #2108.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Probable cause, detention, and arrest
- Exceptions to search warrant requirements
- Search warrants
- Suppression hearings and civil liability
- Juvenile justice procedures
Peace officers or other law enforcement personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.80 CEUs
- 18.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433