LET217 – 18.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Saturday, February 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to orient officers to current laws and court proceedings regarding probable cause, search warrants, and arrests. Participants learn about the proper procedures and use of probable cause, how to prepare and use search warrants, and how to detain and arrest individuals. Criminal court processes, civil liability, and juvenile justice procedures are also covered in the course material.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Intermediate Arrest, Search, and Seizure #2108.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date. Participants will have 3 attempts to pass the final examination.
To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
• Broadband internet connection
• Current browser
– Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Google Chrome 65 or higher
– Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 10 or higher
– Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser
• Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
• Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
• Adobe Flash 28 or higher
- Probable cause, detention, and arrest
- Exceptions to search warrant requirements
- Search warrants
- Suppression hearings and civil liability
- Juvenile justice procedures
Peace officers or other law enforcement personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.8 CEUs
- 18.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.
Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.