LET222 – 4.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
Miles Lee Santo
12:01 AM Sunday, March 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
In the past two decades, horrific mass shootings have been thrust into public consciousness. Mitigating the effects of these events is the responsibility of those who serve in our communities’ public safety organizations. The public expects an effective and swift response to these threats. Research has shown, however, that many of the mass attacks, or active attack events, are over before law enforcement responders arrive on the scene.
Civilians who find themselves embroiled in such an event must be prepared to take immediate action to save their own lives before law enforcement arrives. The average response time for police response to an active attack event is three minutes. Without effective, preplanned response options for civilians at the scene of the attack, many victims can be seriously injured or killed during these three minutes.
This course was designed in conjunction with Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) to provide first responders and other professionals with a model response program they can deliver to civilians within their communities.
Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events Train-the-Trainer (CRASE).
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for #3312.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date. Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
• Broadband internet connection
• Current browser
– Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Google Chrome 65 or higher
– Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 10 or higher
– Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser
• Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
• Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
• Adobe Flash 28 or higher
- Civilian Response
- Additional Considerations
- Preparing Your Organization
- Informing Your Community
- First responders and other professionals developing and/or utilizing a model response program
- Anyone that intends to provide training for their employees, coworkers, friends. It is applicable to anyone from clergyman to store greeter.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.40 CEUs
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with
instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation
within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Refunds are not available for online courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.