LET222 – 4.00 Hours
|LS LET222 52||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Available Online – Free! In the past two decades, horrific mass shootings have been thrust into public consciousness. Mitigating the effects of these events is the responsibility of those who serve in our communities’ public safety organizations. The public expects an effective and swift response to these threats. Research has shown, however, that many of the mass attacks, or active attack events, are over before law enforcement responders arrive on the scene.
Civilians who find themselves embroiled in such an event must be prepared to take immediate action to save their own lives before law enforcement arrives. The average response time for police response to an active attack event is three minutes. Without effective, pre-planned response options for civilians at the scene of the attack, many victims can be seriously injured or killed during these three minutes.
This course was designed in conjunction with Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) to provide first responders and other professionals with a model response program they can deliver to civilians within their communities. May also be referred to as Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events Train-the-Trainer (CRASE).
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for #3312.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Civilian Response
- Additional Considerations
- Preparing Your Organization
- Informing Your Community
- First responders and other professionals developing and/or utilizing a model response program
- Anyone that intends to provide training for their employees, coworkers, friends – the course is applicable to anyone from clergyman to store greeter
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Online courses: Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.