LET306 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||06/14/22 – 06/16/22||Amarillo, TX||LS LET306 1641||Register|
|Details||09/21/22 – 09/23/22||Caldwell, TX||LS LET306 1573||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
After students are equipped with the knowledge provided in the prior online training, Basic County Corrections (Online), participants will learn and be able to apply basic self-defense techniques and inmate handling techniques required in the correctional setting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic County Correction Class Course #1124.
Please fax documents to (877) 289-9715 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Defensive counter strikes
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
- Participant should wear appropriate gym attire and a duty belt
- Participant must bring handcuffs in good working condition and handcuff keys
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Physiological responses to stress
- Compliance techniques and pressure point manipulation
- Stances and blocks
- Arm strikes and leg strikes
- Joint locks and grounding techniques
- De-escalation and communication techniques
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 2.4 IACET CEUs
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a student has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.