LET309 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Course Price: $200
A unique opportunity is available for Texas Peace Officers to successfully acquire their Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Basic Jailer License. This online course provides participants the training to successfully apply their current skills inside the corrections environment.
Once the participant has successfully completed each module, a comprehensive final is administered. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive endorsement information to sit for the TCOLE Peace Officers Jailer Licensing Examination at a TCOLE approved testing site.
This course meets TCOLE requirements Basic Jail Certification for Peace Officers Course #1072.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access
- Must be a currently licensed Texas Peace Office
- TCOLE Declaration of Licensing Course Enrollment Eligibility (DOLCEE) Form
- TCOLE Law Enforcement Agency Audit Checklist
- TEEX Registration Form
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX Courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Booking procedures
- Classification of inmates
- Emergency procedures
- Facility security
- Food services
- Inmate rights
- Inmate transportation
- Legal aspects of use of force
- Report writing
- Suicide screening and prevention
- Texas Peace Officers seeking to acquire their Texas Jailers License
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433