LET310 – 40.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
John T McNew III
12:01 AM Tuesday, December 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course prepares participants to begin a new career with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in a municipal jail or detention facility environment. This course was designed with the Texas Municipal Jail Association to meet the recommendations for municipal jailer training.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Municipal Jailer course #3510.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Addressing injurious behavior
- Courtroom testimony
- Emergency situations
- Human aspects
- Inmate health care
- Intake procedures
- Introduction to detention facilities
- Prisoner services
- Report writing
- Security protocols
- Candidates for Texas municipal jail staffing responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a detention facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- This online course consists of nine learning modules. Prior to accessing
the course, the participants are provided with a study guide in an
effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After
modules have been completed, the participant will receive a
comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum
score of 70%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam
and one attempt to pass the final examination.
Municipal Jail Association of Texas
Visit the MJAT website to learn more about the Municipal Jail Association of Texas.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433