LET310 – 40.00 Hours
|LS LET310 115||$150.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course prepares participants to begin a new career with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in a municipal jail or detention facility environment. This course was designed with the Texas Municipal Jail Association to meet the recommendations for municipal jailer training.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Municipal Jailer course #3510.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Facility oversight and design
- Ethics, prejudice, and human relations
- Health services and communicable diseases
- Inmate services
- Headcounts, searches, and facility security
- Inmate rights
- Use of force
- Disturbances and emergencies
- Mental health and de-escalation techniques
- Documentation and the courtroom
- Candidates for Texas municipal jail staffing responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a detention facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- This online course consists of twelve learning modules. Participants are provided with a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 70%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and the final examination.
Municipal Jail Association of Texas
Visit the MJAT website to learn more about the Municipal Jail Association of Texas.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433