LET317 – 8.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
John T McNew III
12:01 AM Tuesday, December 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Current jail populations have a high prevalence of mental health issues and substance dependence or abuse among inmates. This course is designed to provide participants with information, techniques, and skills to recognize psychiatric disorders, gather information regarding psychiatric illness, and how to handle suicidal behavior and suicide in the jail setting. The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #52004.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date. Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Apple QuickTime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Principles of practice
- Jail medical encounters
- Narrowing the diagnosis
- Psychiatric disorders
- Suicidal behavior
- Corrections personnel working in a jail, detention, or holding facility
- Deputies and correctional personnel involved in the transportation of inmates
- Court personnel responsible for oversight of inmates
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.