LET455 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Recognizing the signs and symptoms of individuals under the influence of drugs is important to ensure the safety and health of students and education professionals. This Drug Impairment and Behavior Recognition for Education Professionals (DIBREP) course is designed to provide administrators, counselors, teachers, and school nurses with tools and training necessary to recognize and document drug/alcohol impairment in students.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Alcohol and Drug Use Awareness for Law Enforcement #2085.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- How drugs work in the body
- How state laws and school policies affect educator contact with impaired students
- Role of drugs in society
- Signs and assessment of Impairment
Education professionals including:
- School-based law enforcement officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 1.60 IACET CEUs
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- This activity has been submitted to the Texas Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Texas Nurses Association – Approver is accredited with distinction as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433