LET515 – 50.00 Hours
Pasadena Police Trng Academy
4801 Spencer Highway
Pasadena, TX 77505
08:00 AM Monday, June 28, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Properly operating an emergency vehicle is critical for officer and public safety, as well as, agency liability reduction. This course is designed to train experienced instructors to deliver the Emergency Vehicle Operators course (EVOC) to their peers. This class is a realistic, high-stress, driving program that offers the participant 40 hours of actual driving time. The course curriculum was designed with input from the Texas Municipal League – Intergovernmental Risk Pool (TML_IRP) training and risk reduction staff.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78021.
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Provide a suitable emergency vehicle in excellent working condition. It is recommended that each participant bring a vehicle to maximize driving time towards achieving successful course completion. If an agency needs participants to share a vehicle, submit the written request to TEEX 14 days before the start of the class.
- Vehicle must be equipped with heavy-duty suspension and be in good mechanical condition.
- Two spare tires are required during driving exercises. Seriously worn tires are considered hazardous and may not be allowed during exercises.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Civil and criminal liabilities
- Driving exercises
- Highway response driving
- Mechanics of driver control
- Night driving
- Vehicle dynamics
- Wet surface driving
- Experienced drivers capable of operating a motor vehicle under stressful conditions and have experience as an instructor
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 50.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433