LET516 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This update course is for those with Emergency Vehicle Operations (EVOC) Instructor certificates near expiration or who have not taught EVOC in recent years. Over three days participants will refresh their knowledge with the legal aspects of emergency driving and practice a number of driving maneuvers. Class will provide a realistic, high-stress, driving program with over 16 hours of actual driving time.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements EVOC Course #57009.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Provide a suitable emergency
vehicle in excellent working condition. It is recommended that each participant
bring a vehicle to maximize driving time towards achieving successful course
completion. If an agency needs participants to share a vehicle, submit the
written request to TEEX 14 days before the start of the class.
- Vehicle must be equipped with heavy-duty suspension and be in good mechanical condition.
- Two spare tires are required during driving exercises. Seriously worn tires are considered hazardous and may not be allowed during exercises.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Legal Aspects of Emergency Driving
- Physical Forces and Vehicle Dynamics
- The Basics of Emergency Driving
- Driving on Wet Surfaces
- Performance Driving
- Serpentine Driving
- Controlled Braking
- Evasive Lane Change
- Precision Maneuvering
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructors that have previously completed the TEEX EVOC Instructor course
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certificate of successful completion is valid five years from date of completion
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433