LET578 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Many modern law enforcement agencies are upgrading their weapons by issuing or authorizing the use of patrol rifles. This course teaches participants the principles of marksmanship, rifle nomenclature, and operation. Emphasis will be placed on weapons manipulation and how to fight with commonly configured patrol rifles. Although this course is based on the AR-15/M-4/M-16 weapons platform, other systems will be discussed.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Hearing protection
- Wrap around eye protection
- Billed cap
- Knee and elbow pads
- Duty handgun with three magazines and 300 rounds of ammunition
- Duty belt with non-collapsible belt holster for handgun
- Magazine pouch
- Cleaning gear
- Weather appropriate, sturdy clothing and good footwear, i.e. duty style or hiking boots that provide good ankle support
- Magazine fed semi-automatic rifle that uses and was manufactured for the use of detachable magazines with sling, three magazines, magazine pouches, appropriate cleaning gear and 1000 rounds of ammunition. No M855 green tip or armor-piercing ammo will be allowed. Detachable optics are acceptable but rifle must have iron sights that co-witness through the optic.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Body armor
- Bug spray
- Drinking water
- Athletic or medical tape for fingers and hands
- Firearms safety
- Principles of marksmanship
- Rifle nomenclature, care, and maintenance
- Rifle manipulation
- Sight adjustment and zeroing procedures
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers or security personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433