LET579 – 10.00 Hours
TEEX- ILEPSE – RELLIS Campus
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
Miles Lee Santo
08:00 AM Wednesday, May 13, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to introduce students to various methods of carrying and shooting handguns from concealed carry positions.
Being a law enforcement officer is a 24 hour a day, seven days a week career. Cops need to be armed and ready for deadly encounters on duty and off. The emphasis of this course is off duty/on duty plain clothes concealed carry of handguns and how to deploy those handguns safely and effectively from various concealed carry positions.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Concealed Carry for Law Enforcement Officers Course #3836.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Handgun with at least three magazines or two speedloaders
- 500 rounds of factory ammunition (no handloads)
- Sturdy belt capable of supporting a holster
- Concealable, strong side belt holster required for live-fire exercises (i.e. paddle, inside waistband, or pancake style). The holster should not collapse upon draw and should remain open for one-handed re-holstering. Shoulder, ankle, and fanny pack holsters will be allowed for demonstration but not for live-fire practice.
- Jacket, vest or other garment used to conceal the weapon
- Wrap-around eye protection, hearing protection and a hat or cap with a brim must be worn during all firing exercises and are the student’s responsibility
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed. Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Reasons for carrying a concealed handgun
- Methods of concealed handgun carry
- Selecting holsters and clothing for effective concealed handgun carry
- Safely drawing and deploying a handgun from concealment
- Currently Commissioned Peace Officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 10.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433