LET580 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Field training officers provide one-on-one learning and mentoring in the real-world environment. This course provides participants with the tools necessary to become an effective field training officer. Any agency desiring to restructure a field training program or build a new program will find this course immensely beneficial.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Field Training Officer course #3702.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Evaluation of trainees and termination procedures
- Forms and documentation
- Field training officer program liabilities
- Field training officer responsibilities and duties
- Program construction
- Remedial training and teaching techniques
- Public safety personnel that use any form of field training program to train and/or evaluate the progress of newly hired employees
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]