LET584 – 24.00 Hours
|LS LET584 32||$80.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Supervising a work environment requires advanced skills in leadership, counseling, motivation, and communication to create an effective and positive workplace. This course will provide participants with training vital to effective leadership and administrative tasks. Participants will learn topics in ethics, effective communication, leadership styles, counseling, planning and organizing, and cultural diversity.
This course is mandatory for peace officers who are appointed to, or who will be appointed to, their first supervisory position. TCOLE requires officers to attend this course between a year before and a year after their appointment.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements New Supervisor’s Course #3737.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 60 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- The role of a first line supervisor
- Ethics and integrity in supervisory decisions
- Leadership characteristics and selecting appropriate leadership styles
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Counseling skills for performance problems, grievances/complaints, and conflict
- Liability and civil rights issues
- Civil rights and diversity
- Planning and organizing tasks based on departmental needs
- Special investigative issues
- The transition from line officer to supervisor
- Supervisors in a public safety or law enforcement agency or anticipate promotion to a supervisor position in the near future.
- The course is also beneficial for those who are responsible for the day-to-day supervision of law enforcement or similar personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 2.40 IACET CEUs
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433