LET641 – 2.00 Hours
|LS LET641 51||$30.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to help officers stay up to date with liability issues that relate to incidents of use of force. Participants learn about the rights and duties of a peace officer during use of force and deadly encounters, potential liabilities, department accountability, and the importance of training protocols to ensure the protection of constitutional rights.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Legal Issues for Use of Force Instructors #78044.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for the eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Rights and duties of Texas Peace Officers related to use of deadly force
- Potential liabilities regarding use of deadly force
- Department accountability associated with incidents of use of force
- Importance of training protocols
- Peace officers or other law enforcement personnel who teach use of force
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .2 IACET CEUs
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433