LET658 – 40.00 Hours
|08/19/24 – 08/23/24
|LS LET658 19
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This advanced course is designed to build upon the tactics learned in the prerequisite Arrest and Control Tactics Instructor course. Focus will be placed on how to use these foundational techniques on the move and as a team.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for TEEX Advanced Defensive Tactics Course #78039.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent
- Arrest and Control Tactics Instructor or a course equivalent
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Duty Gear
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing Techniques
- Impact and Stunning Blows
- Joint Locks
- Grounding Techniques
- Baton Techniques
- Edged Weapons Defense
- Building Entry
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
Participants should wear clothing that is as close to duty uniform as possible to practice ground techniques.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Stances and Mobility
- Blocks and Attack Lines
- Tactical Clinch
- Inside Line Tactics
- Natural Impact Weapons
- Arm Clinch
- Ground Fighting with Weapons
- Edged Weapons Countermeasures
- Baton Techniques
- Currently commissioned peace officers, licensed security officers or public safety trainers.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Advanced Arrest and Control Tactics Instructor was formerly titled Advanced Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]