LET671 – 24.00 Hours
|05/20/24 – 05/22/24
|LS LET671 17
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Learn the individual responsibilities of each member within a Forced Cell Movement Team and how to successfully train your cadre in these techniques. Team techniques will be taught to safely extract non-compliant inmates from a cell while using the minimum amount of force necessary.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Cell Extraction and Insertion Course #667367.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014)
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Physical participation is required and participants must be in good physical condition. Participants should wear clothing appropriate for defensive tactics training.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Physiological Responses to Stress
- Pain Compliance Techniques
- Impact and Stunning Blows
- Joint Locks and Grounding Techniques
- Forced Cell Movement in a Correctional Setting
- Jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]