LET705 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||12/05/22 – 12/09/22||Bryan, TX||LS LET705 41||$750.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Effective scenario training enables participants to gain valuable hands-on experience and improve their skills for public safety and security. Safety and realism are the two most important elements in reality-based training. This course is designed to teach participants how to safely design and implement scenario based training within their agency. Participants will learn how to effectively develop and evaluate a scenario training plan that is safe and effective. Upon completing this course, participants obtain several training scenarios that they will be able to take back to their agencies to immediately utilize.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements LET705 TEEX RBTI Course #78032.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Duty belt
- Coveralls or long-sleeve shirt
- Groin protection
- Protective gear for use with projectile based training
- Inert chemical agent
- Training batons
- Writing instruments and a straight edge ruler
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- How to choose and prepare the training site
- How to evaluate the training
- How to safely execute the scenario
- Introduction to reality based training
- Safety issues for reality based training
- scenario development process
- Currently commissioned peace officers
- Licensed security officers
- Public safety trainers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Firearms Range
- Live-Fire Shoot House
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]